Exporting functionality

Questions concerning setup and general performance

Exporting functionality

Postby papadas » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:17 am

Hello,

i have the following question:

the exported odds are the odds that are recalculated after a match is played?

If yes is there a way to export the odds that were proposed by the system before the the games have been played?

Thanks
papadas

Re: Exporting functionality

Postby Alex » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:23 am

Odds can be exported at any desired moment. Of course, there is no much sense to export odds after matches have been played.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby papadas » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:28 pm

Is there a way to export with one click all the odds provided by the App before the games had started in the past? or this is not possible?
papadas

Postby Alex » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:38 pm

Theoretically possible for the current season. You must delete game by game, adjust system date/time of your computer (because date/time is important factor in computing odds), click green button to recalculate ratings and odds, and then perform export for desired date.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby papadas » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 am

Hello Alex,

i would like some clarifications regarding your last statement:

Theoretically possible for the current season(Only for the current season or for any season in the past?, are there any limitations regarding past season that i must be aware of?)

You must delete game by game( this pretty straightforward)

adjust system date/time of your computer (because date/time is important factor in computing odds)- (I will give an example and you can tell me if it is correct)

Let's assume we have the game : FC Bayern München- Wolfsburg on 16.12.2020-21:30 (UTC+2). In order to get the pregame odds/probablities for the game i need to delete all the games prior to this datetime. When all the games prior to this datetime are deleted then i perform a recalculation of the odds. Do i also need to set the datetime of my computer to 16.12.2020 -18:30(UTC+2)- 3 hours before the match ) in order to get accurate odds calculation. If yes should i restart odds wizard in order to take the time change into account or i just only need to hit the recalculation button for the change to take effect. I have done an export of odds up to now without adjusting my computer's time. Does this mean that the exported odds are now "inaccurate"?

Please give me some information ere because i have spent around 80 hours of odds exporting and if the odds calculation is wrong or inaccurate this is a complete disaster for me.

If my exports are incorrect can you estimate to what extent the odd calculations are incorrect? I mean with that the fifference is arround 1% for 1 X 2 odds like 40-30-30 with correct Computer time and 38-31-31 with "wrong" system time?

This would really help me to undestand if the work i have invested is a waist of time or not....

Looking forward to your reply.
papadas

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:22 am

Yes, should set the datetime to the date of kickoff - 1 day, then restart the program in order to get accurate odds calculation.
All exported odds are accurate for all fixtures, i.e. for all unfinished games. All others are shifted by the known results and are exported for the reference purpose.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby papadas » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:57 am

Hi Alex,

your answer is very disappointing for me, because t means that for every match day i have to restart the Application.

That means that every person in the Forum that has tried exporting the odds actually has inaccurate odds...ever read about setting correct system time in the forum before.....An

Anyway. Is there maybe another shortcut, like adjusting the depreciation period everytime that i delete a match so that it calculates the odds correctly? Is this possible?

eg.

If i delete matches of the last 30 Days set the depreceation period 30 days in the past. So lets say if the depreciation period for a leauge starts on the 01.02.2019 to move it to 01.01.2019. Is that maybe a workaround that could work instead of restarting the application?

BR
Alex
papadas

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Well, specially for you, we slightly adjusted the program so that you will not restart the program every time you change system datetime of your computer. Just perform basic update to update executable. Then restart the program only once.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby papadas » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 pm

Hello Alex,

This is great news.

I downloaded the version : 2.8.0.1037 - is this the latest and correct version ?

So please answer to me if this following example is correct:

Bayern München- Wolfsburg on 16.12.2020-21:30 (UTC+2). In order to get the pregame odds/probablities for the game i need to delete all the games prior to this datetime.

After all the games prior to this datetime are deleted then i adjust the time of my computer (time of the game -24 hours)

After the Computer time adjustment has been completed I perform now a recalculation of the odds.

The calculated odds for 1 X 2 and the performance analysis table results are now accurate and correspond to the odds and the performu Analysis results that OW would calculate on the 15.12.2020 (24 hours) before the match. Right ?

Are the steps that are above described correct? Is this the way I am
Supposed to work ?

For a verification answer I would be grateful

Thanks in advance

BR
Alex
papadas

Postby Alex » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:49 am

Yes, except of performance analysis which makes all these datetime adjustments internally. Another words, performance analysis table is correct without manual adjustment of datetime.
Alex
Site Admin

Return to Technical support